Fostering Changes Everything for these Deserving Dogs!
Are you interested in becoming a foster home for a needy sporting breed? Because the foster parent is so important in helping the rescue dog make a successful transition to a permanent home, foster parents should be able to provide the following:
- Genuine love and concern for the welfare of the foster dog and a willingness to learn about its needs
- Time to provide for the foster dogs care and needs
- Socialization of the foster dog making him part of your life
- Transportation to a TSBR veterinarian and/or veterinary specialist and groomer
- Attendance at Meet n Greets
- Patience and a good sense of humor!
Becoming a foster parent can be a very rewarding experience. Some of the sporting breeds come to us with special needs and are not immediately ready for adoption into a permanent home. They need extra time, patience and TLC in order to blossom into wonderful, adoptable companions.
Needs may include:
- Help with housebreaking
- Time and care recovering from surgery
- Willingness to take the dog to obedience classes and/or follow behavioral guidelines when necessary
- Special baths and medication for allergies
- Socialization and obedience training for dogs who have spent too much time in crates or tied out and away from people
- A warm place to rest and lots of love for older dogs who need more time to find their forever homes.
You can foster any breed of dog we rescue, any age, gender or needs category that is right for you. We need someone for all of them, so don't let it scare or overwhelm you. You may start as slow as you like or jump in ~ We will support you all the way!
TSBR retains ownership of the foster dogs and will pay for all medications, veterinary care, special diets, training costs and other approved expenses.
If you're interested in providing foster care and have questions, please call: 940-453-6894 or email us.
If you have room in your heart and the time to help a needy dog, please complete and mail in the Foster Home Application along with a signed Restraint Agreement. The TSBR Foster Home Coordinator will contact you and schedule a mutually convenient time for a home visit.
We have several amazing dogs now waiting for a foster family to love and care for them. You can make a tremendous difference in the life of a homeless sporting breed.
Complete a foster application today - save a life tomorrow!